Foothills Church exists to glorify God and to make disciples, by unconditionally accepting people where they are, while encouraging a transforming life in Christ.
- Intimate with God - God desires an intimate relationship with each of us.We endeavor to be passionately committed to a personal relationship with the one true God through Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross.
- Living in Community - Scripture calls us to “stimulate one another to love and good deeds.” (Hebrews 10:24) We believe that this happens best when we are living in community with a small group helping each other become more like Jesus.
- Biblical - All we believe and all we are as a Church must be firmly grounded in the Word of God. The community of Christ is to be centered on the teaching and preaching of God’s Word as a means of being centered on Christ. When the Word is taught, the Spirit uses it to motivate us, convict us, enlighten us, transform us, and move us as a community in a common direction.
- Loving - We believe that what it means to be a Christian most fundamentally, most essentially, is to be a person who believes in, receives, and is being transformed by God’s Calvary type of love for them; and is learning to apply that Calvary type of love to both themselves and to others. This love is not an emotion or feeling. Love is an attitude of the heart and an action. It is best defined as, “choice based, others focused, and self-sacrificing”.
- Sharing - The central defining mission of every believer is to advance the Kingdom of God against the kingdom of darkness. As a community of faith we will work individually and collectively to be Christ’s witnesses in our community, in our nation, and around the world.